Solid copper, silver, and bronze naturally darken over time due to oxidation. To restore the luster to your Liz’s Creations jewelry, rub the item with the Polishing Cloth included with your order to remove any excess tarnish when needed.
Our Beautiful Wire Wraps require some care. Although we do use a tarnish coating on our pieces, they can still tarnish or oxidize over time. We recommend the following:
- Avoid submerging jewelry (especially Opals) in any liquid.
- Avoid prolonged direct sunlight, as some of the gems are sensitive to the sun.
- Avoid wearing in swimming pools, hot tubs, as the chemicals can have an adverse affect not only on the copper based or 925 Sterling Silver, but the Crystal as well.
- Remove before intense activity, such as jogging, workouts. Do not wear when doing an activity where your jewelry could be snagged, hit, scratched, etc. The natural oil and sweat from your skin will tarnish your jewelry.
- Avoid wearing around harsh chemicals.
- Store your pieces in a safe place.